The Case Manager’s Handbook 6th Edition Home Study Course (with Handbook)
Case managers seeking to prepare for a role in case management and also looking to study for and take the Certified Case Manager (CCM) Exam, Registered Nurses (RNs) and Social Workers (SWs) who need to meet their state’s RN or SW Continuing Education (CE) licensing requirements can rely on The Case Manager’s Handbook Home Study Program to achieve these goals. The Case Manager’s Handbook Continuing Education Test, which has been approved for 41 CE credits, can be taken online to prepare for the CCM exam or to help meet CE credit requirements. Please Note: This does not provide CCM certification, but rather serves as a resource to prepare you for that exam. Additionally, the 41 CEs cannot be applied retroactively toward your CCM exam; you must apply to take the exam, be deemed eligible and then pass the exam.
Our Home Study Program’s CE Test is based on case management’s definitive reference book, The Case Manager’s Handbook, now in its 6th Edition. Authored by Mullahy & Associates President Catherine M. Mullahy, RN, BS, CRRN, CCM, it provides “need to know” information on all aspects of case management in an easy to follow, conversational style. It is relied upon extensively in college/university graduate and undergraduate courses across the United States, Canada and 18 other countries worldwide, as well as by healthcare providers, managed care and insurance companies, plan sponsors and professional associations.
Through the Home Study Program, you will learn:
- The fundamentals on “Best in Class” case management
- Evidence-based practice
- Leading-edge information on the latest healthcare trends and developments, including value-based healthcare and the role of case managers, healthcare technology, transformative effects of millennials on healthcare, and model of care such as Accountable Care Organizations and Patient-Centered Medical Homes
- Setting- and patient-specific case management (e.g., hospital case management, public sector case management, pediatric case management, etc.), new models of care
- The Affordable Care Act and implications for case managers
- Practical advice and real-life case studies to reinforce learning principles for effective quality case management processes and systems
- And much more…