Your Gateway to Certification and Leading-Edge Practice!
This engaging two-day case management training program paves the way for career advancement and fulfillment. Offering 14 hours (7 hours/day) of continuing education credits for nurses, social workers and case managers, it provides in-depth information and insights to educate, motivate and reignite the passion in dedicated case management professionals.
- Learn from Catherine M. Mullahy, RN, BS, CRRN, CCM, and Jeanne Boling, RN, MSN, CRRN, CDMS, CCM, two of case management’s most respected pioneers; dynamic educators who share their passion for case management and real-life experience as clinicians and frontline developers of case management standards
- Receive a free copy of case management’s authoritative reference book, The Case Manager’s Handbook, Sixth Edition
- Benefit from proven “Best in Class” case management strategies and techniques
- To learn more, click here to watch the “Best in Class Case Management Seminar” video
- Profit from proven strategies and techniques
- Contact us for Full Agenda
- Click here to Register for an upcoming program
“Your success is our commitment”
Totally awesome conference! An honor to learn from such distinguished experts in the field! Look forward to more conferences and greater learning!
– Melissa Neuman, RN
I am glad I attended the seminar. Well worth the expense.
– Maria Luisa Raneses, RN, BSN, CCM, CRRN
Catherine and Jeanne were effective, engaging, and collegial. As a social worker, I am especially appreciative of the advocacy for all of us in case management to work as a team and draw on each other’s skills and strengths.
– Maria Hood, LCSW, ACSW, CCM
The Best in Class Case Management: An Introduction to a Leading Edge Practice Seminar will improve my work as a CM, decrease cost…will help me prepare for my CCM certification.
– Chulee Traisak, RN, BSN, CCRN
I will be tutoring CMs for their CCM exam and the information in The Best in Class Case Management: An Introduction to a Leading Edge Practice Seminar will help me to focus on CM objectives and also redirect my staff in the CM role.
Nancy J. Loeffler, RN, BSN, ACM, CCM