Staying abreast of the latest healthcare trends and developments is vital for case managers. To help them, Mullahy & Associates is continually developing new case management training programs that address the most pressing, need-to-know topics. All are designed to educate, motivate and empower case managers to the highest standards of patient care and professional achievement.
To support case management departments or firms serving niche or emerging markets, we will develop a customized educational and training program. Our programs are presented in flexible formats from 60- and 90-minute presentations to half- and full-day presentations.
To book one of our newer programs below or discuss a customized program, contact Mullahy & Associates.
- Obesity – A close-up look at the complexities associated with this growing epidemic; its patient ramifications, economic impacts, stigmas, treatment strategies, challenges and critical intervention opportunities for case managers treating the obese patient.
- Our Nation’s Multiculturalism and Challenges to Case Managers – A discussion of our increasing diversity; the new challenges, ethnic influences on health decision-making, implications and heightened requirements for healthcare providers and case managers.
- Health Literacy and Adherence Issues – Advancements in healthcare and medical technologies have created a greater gap in patient health literacy and challenges relating to adherence to treatment plans which this program explores along with how case management nurses and other case manager can help address this problem.
- Pharmaceuticals and Medication Management – A focus on evolving pharmaceuticals, late-stage drug development and direct-to-consumer marketing; polypharmacy, the new challenges and patient safety issues arising and the vital role of case managers in promoting patient education and optimal care.
- The Aging Population and Case Managers – A look at how America’s graying population and the increasing incidence of age-related diseases and medical conditions are introducing new challenges to providers and geriatric case managers, as well as new case management opportunities.
- Dying in America – A spotlight on end-of-life patients; their medical requirements, emotional needs for them and their families, patient rights and palliative care, as well as the latest developments, insights and nuances that case managers caring for end-of-life patients will want to know.
As the Executive Director of the New York City Chapter of the CMSA and Board Member of the CMSA’s Pennsylvania Chapter, I worked directly with Cathy in setting up a customized program for our members during Case Management Week. Her program was dynamic and uplifting and held the attention of everyone present. She is an intelligent, informed presenter who is always looking to see what is happening…or should be happening next in the field of case management. I have no doubt she will be successful in her new mission at Mullahy & Associates to advance a new model in consumer-driven healthcare. Moreover, she is a staunch advocate for case managers, always motivating them and sharing with then her passion, enthusiasm and commitment to quality case management. Cathy is without question one of healthcare’s brightest voices.
-Marianne DiMola, National Vice President, Pathway Medical
Check our Event Schedule for more information.